Desert after the Rain

I grew up hiking in the Superstition Mountains. And I must say my dad trained me well. I get the irresistible urge to go hiking after a good rain. And a couple weeks ago, we had a GOOD rain.
See what I mean? This riverbed has been bone dry every time I've visited it.

Funny thing happened, Craig and I found out that my Dad and 2 (out of 4) brothers were planning on going at the same time we were! Must be in the blood...

My absolute favorite time to hike, and photograph the desert, I mean, look at those clouds! The light contrast! The depth and color! Photographing scenery is so much easier than photographing people... something I would like to be good at, but, wow, surely am not...


That is Four Peaks covered in snow in the distance.

Um, scarf around the waist, new trend. Didn't you know? It's ok, you're not the only one.

Looks like a painting!


My protector keeping an eye on me, making sure that I notice that the train is moving on...

This is seriously one of the very few times I bask in the beauty of the desert and think, "It's really not that bad... it's quite breathtaking..." No way in heck you'd catch me saying that in August.



Weaver's Needle in the distance... at this angle I am wondering who on earth named it that and if they were in desperate need of some strong prescription glasses... or if they were learning English at the time , maybe had a heavy accent, and meant to say Eagle! I mean, please explain... NEEDLE??? Anyone with me on this?

A river apart... (haha, ok, no one gets it...)

Craig is so sweet and wants to take pics of me... don't I look great in my rainbow-circus scarf, striped mittens, 10th grade bell bottoms (really not an oooh and awe moment, they just stretch with me) and Walt Disney World hat? Man, if only the rocks could talk...

In any other place that would be considered a mere puddle, but here, here it is a grand lake!
(Hunter and Bridger posing to be captured in the water history books of the desert.)




What a HUNK of a HIKER! Hunky hubby o' mine. I'd follow him anywhere...

We even had to jump rocks to get across a flowing river! This must be recorded for posterity sake!




The clouds part...



Sky in the water...


Making the ascent back.


Hunter
and his mini-me...

We'll be waiting for you rain! Don't take too long to visit again!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Kristen said…
Are you sure we aren't related? Your camera's pointing in the same direction as mine. Love the photos! Rain, rain, come my way. . .
Anne said…
I love the pictures- so pretty! The rain was so fun, I wish we got more!
Edyn said…
My sweetheart, you are quite the photographer...and quite a looker I might add! Will you be my valentine?

Popular Posts