Five Years to Forever
March 10, 2005
The absolute most incredible day of our lives up to that point. I can honestly say each year just gets better and better. Each marriage has its ups and downs, and I have enjoyed the ride and am grateful for the bumps that made us cling tighter to each other. We really were made for each other, it is so amazing. So on our 5th Anniversary we had a blast showing each other how incredibly in-love we are. Oh mushy mushy... yes, be ye warned...
One incredible thing inevitably leads to another.
That morning I heart-attacked our home with all sorts of notes for Craig to read, plus a shrine to his incredible card writing skills... his cards are the best, make me cry nearly every time. I cherish those cards. He loves it...
That night Craig surprised me with some pretty yellow roses, another incredible tear-jerker of a card, and a DRESS he picked out on his own (got an incredible deal on... I was absolutely stunned, and trust me, you would be too), for our still-surprise destination! I love surprises and he capitalizes on that! In other words, this man rocks my world!
He then suggested I wear my tennis shoes with it... and a warm coat...
Such the romantic! HAhaha...
He took me to a double feature at the drive in movies! He set up the back of his dad's truck with a little table, camping stove, blankets, made us some burros and rice and even brought a little tupperware with a chopped tomato just for me. (He hates tomatoes.)
The second we sat down to eat... it started to rain. We jumped out of the back and started throwing everything back into the cab. Needless to say, it didn't turn out how he had planned, and he was bummed, but I wasn't! It was so awesomely creative and fun! He was so happy that I didn't care about the rain! Rain shmain, I was havin' fun with my man.
The first movie was ALICE, which we missed a lot of trying to set up and then taking everything down and turning the truck around and, you get the picture... The second was 'When In Rome', and oh... painful, I mean... well anyway, we entertained each other...
Me enjoying the dark chocolate almond bar Craig gave me, which made me laugh cause I got him dark chocolate covered almonds! Go figure. :) And a golf pass... I know what ma baby lahks! oh man...
Leftover taco/burro... notice the heart plate Craig also got for the dinner. Love is in the details. Oh yeah!
On the way home we heard glass shatter on the road and Craig grimaced... apparently my penguin mug took one for the team as he daringly rode on the truck step he was mistakenly left on. You will be remembered...
The END
(well, not really...)

Comments