Friends don't let friends not comment!
So I have a bone to pick, possibly with you.
Why is it that I feel like I'm in high school again wondering what it is I need to do to finally come to the point where I don't give a care for what others may think? Why is this blogging world reminding me more of high school? For example: who keeps track of who, what she's saying, what they're doing... and are they cool or popular or clever enough to leave a comment and let them know I wasted some of my time on the computer just for them?! In all honesty, I am an equal opportunity blogger. I am genuinely interested in my friends and like to let them know I am thinking of them by dropping a 'comment'. But then I get wrapped up in the whole, "Why don't they ever drop me a line? Man, I feel stupid for constantly putting myself out there and getting no response." The biggest bother to me is... that it bothers me. To me it is just plain, simple common courtesy to let others know you are thinking of them from time to time, if, in fact, they are true friends.
To all you true friends that are busy little mommies, I totally understand, this is really something I have to figure out with myself. I also get that a couple of you take a multiple month hiatus from the blogging world and I do get that. Thank you for dropping a line when you jump aboard for your semi-annual posts. :) I am thinking of following suit.
Thank you to those friends that take the time to let others know you are thinking of them, those friends that actually take the time to drop me a line now and then (and those few and far between browsing bloggers that make you feel noticed from some nice random comment). Right now I think I just need to retire from the blogging world and get away from the constant nagging in the back of my brain as to why some people seem to really not care about you, yet for appearances sake call you a friend, instead of taking one small second to show it. (It's just a nice way to show it when there is no other type of common interaction.)
Has anyone else ever felt that way?
Are you one of those people that obsesses that you must have done/said something wrong because you feel kicked out of a certain circle? Well, I am, and I am such a nerd for it. (Am I self-conscious today or what!) Are you one of those people that know how pathetic that feels?! Ok, I can't blame pms for this one, its just been a bad day, but c'mon, I can't be the only one that's ever felt this way.... at least I don't want to think I am!
Have you ever left multiple comments on friends and family's blogs yet hardly EVER receive anything on your own as a response from them? I am sounding more pathetic by the moment, so I should just stop. This seriously could be my last post for a while, since I'm letting this get the best of me right now. I am spending a little too much time indoors I guess since I think blogging is a necessary means of communication with the outside world... oh boy.
So I guess I really shouldn't have a bone to pick with you (if you fall into the above mentioned category) I really just have a bone to pick with myself. No more fretting about what others may or may not think... about me.
Why is it that I feel like I'm in high school again wondering what it is I need to do to finally come to the point where I don't give a care for what others may think? Why is this blogging world reminding me more of high school? For example: who keeps track of who, what she's saying, what they're doing... and are they cool or popular or clever enough to leave a comment and let them know I wasted some of my time on the computer just for them?! In all honesty, I am an equal opportunity blogger. I am genuinely interested in my friends and like to let them know I am thinking of them by dropping a 'comment'. But then I get wrapped up in the whole, "Why don't they ever drop me a line? Man, I feel stupid for constantly putting myself out there and getting no response." The biggest bother to me is... that it bothers me. To me it is just plain, simple common courtesy to let others know you are thinking of them from time to time, if, in fact, they are true friends.
To all you true friends that are busy little mommies, I totally understand, this is really something I have to figure out with myself. I also get that a couple of you take a multiple month hiatus from the blogging world and I do get that. Thank you for dropping a line when you jump aboard for your semi-annual posts. :) I am thinking of following suit.
Thank you to those friends that take the time to let others know you are thinking of them, those friends that actually take the time to drop me a line now and then (and those few and far between browsing bloggers that make you feel noticed from some nice random comment). Right now I think I just need to retire from the blogging world and get away from the constant nagging in the back of my brain as to why some people seem to really not care about you, yet for appearances sake call you a friend, instead of taking one small second to show it. (It's just a nice way to show it when there is no other type of common interaction.)
Has anyone else ever felt that way?
Are you one of those people that obsesses that you must have done/said something wrong because you feel kicked out of a certain circle? Well, I am, and I am such a nerd for it. (Am I self-conscious today or what!) Are you one of those people that know how pathetic that feels?! Ok, I can't blame pms for this one, its just been a bad day, but c'mon, I can't be the only one that's ever felt this way.... at least I don't want to think I am!
Have you ever left multiple comments on friends and family's blogs yet hardly EVER receive anything on your own as a response from them? I am sounding more pathetic by the moment, so I should just stop. This seriously could be my last post for a while, since I'm letting this get the best of me right now. I am spending a little too much time indoors I guess since I think blogging is a necessary means of communication with the outside world... oh boy.
So I guess I really shouldn't have a bone to pick with you (if you fall into the above mentioned category) I really just have a bone to pick with myself. No more fretting about what others may or may not think... about me.
Comments
To share your confusion with the blogosphere, I've read some blog posts and wondered "why the hell does this post have so many comments?"
It's been a hard lesson for me to learn, but whatever I do, in whatever sphere of life, I've learned to only to do that which, if I get 0% in return and I still want to do it, then that's what I do. It's hard to explain. For example, if I tell Yarek "i love you", I say it because I mean it, it's how I feel, and I want him to know it. However, if I get no response, and I regret saying it, then I know I shouldn't have done it in the first place b/c it maybe it wasn't sincere or I did it only to hear something back. Basically, I only said it because I wanted something in return. I should be saying it b/c that's how I truely feel and I think he should know this. So, I would say it, regardless of what I heard back (and I'm guessing you would do the same for Craig).
And, yeah, when I give someone a gift and they don't react the way I had hoped, I'm disappointed and agitated and, OF COURSE!, I'm totally guilty of then mentally thinking "well, why the heck did I even bother giving you a gift if I could've gotten THAT reaction on any given day? Grrr..." or I've helped someone and they didn't say "thank you" and I get REALLY annoyed (were you born in a barn people!?)...but I have to remind myself, and I often do (and almost exactly like this too~ lol), "well, Michelle, was that why you gave it/helped them in the first place?..."
(still me) "Uh...(exasperated) no...."
And I I make myself forget it and move on! Because as nice as hearing something in response to my efforts would be, I have accepted the fact that I can only control me. So if I can look back and know that I helped that person, or I made their day better, or whatever! I did what I thought I should have done so I'm proud of me.
However! I feel guilty saying it, but I always read peoples blogs and don't comment, or I just post to mine and get off :-/ Sorry...
One thing that is helpful to me is to remember that I'm not just blogging, I'm making memories that we make into a family journal at the end of the year. (it definitely beats the price/time of scrapbooking) You're wonderful and I love you!!! Hope today is a brighter day for you.:)