South Mountain Adventure
It's times like this when I miss Washington! I swear that summer in the great NW ruined me!
So, here we are having a great time together in the prickly hot browness which is South Mountain... or any other mountain in the valley for that matter. HA! Don't get me wrong, the desert does have its beauty... usually right after/during a good rain. :) Why is it that ALL of our family lives in this stinkin' desert with no winter? (I know I am blessed and it could be worse, don't worry!) We have fall and then spring one after another, there is no winter people. AND each of those seasons has a month and a half to itself roughly... like I said, Washington ruined me! ;) This was a January hike... and why on earth did I think it wouldn't be hot in the sun?! I don't know why I didn't wear work-out attire. I cursed the desert as we reached the car after a 30 min. hike and my shirt was soaked with sweat! In JANUARY! Ok, ok, it was partly my fault too... still trying to work off the baby weight.
Point being, I had a WONDERFUL day with my incredible hunk of a hubby and the most precious angel baby I've ever been blessed to behold.
I guess if the only thing wrong with this picture is that I'm in the desert, I must be doing pretty good. :)
So, here we are having a great time together in the prickly hot browness which is South Mountain... or any other mountain in the valley for that matter. HA! Don't get me wrong, the desert does have its beauty... usually right after/during a good rain. :) Why is it that ALL of our family lives in this stinkin' desert with no winter? (I know I am blessed and it could be worse, don't worry!) We have fall and then spring one after another, there is no winter people. AND each of those seasons has a month and a half to itself roughly... like I said, Washington ruined me! ;) This was a January hike... and why on earth did I think it wouldn't be hot in the sun?! I don't know why I didn't wear work-out attire. I cursed the desert as we reached the car after a 30 min. hike and my shirt was soaked with sweat! In JANUARY! Ok, ok, it was partly my fault too... still trying to work off the baby weight.
Point being, I had a WONDERFUL day with my incredible hunk of a hubby and the most precious angel baby I've ever been blessed to behold.
I guess if the only thing wrong with this picture is that I'm in the desert, I must be doing pretty good. :)

Comments
I need to get out & hike more before it REALLY gets HOT!
I'm not ready for 115' weather yet
I'm glad you found me!! Wow, it has been a while. Your Edyn is ADORABLE! Isn't mom life fun, I'm enjoying this job. I'll tag your blog as a favorite so I can keep updated.
And the dessert I made for Lafe's birthday was Chocolate-Peanut Butter Dream Bars. It was on the cover of Family Circle in January. I was glad to have a great excuse to indulge in it!