Punk'd - veggie style
I made salmon with carrots and brussel sprouts tonight, silently wondering if I would be the only beneficiary of the little green leafers. When Craig came to the kitchen to feast his eyes and fill his plate he inquired as to what "those green things" were. I stopped myself for a moment and thought... "what would I tell a picky four-year-old version of Craigy to get him to eat his veggies?"
"It's baby heads of lettuce," I replied. "They were on sale at Sprouts. I don't see them on sale very often, but they are so good for you." My nonchalant response was enough to convince the Craigy of the existence of baby heads of lettuce and he happily popped one into his mouth to investigate this rare delicacy. No word of complaint fell from his lips! He gladly ate them up with the rest of his dinner!
I could hardly contain my glee, but I waited until dinner was over, then I sweetly sat on his lap and said, "You were such a good boy! You ate all your brussel sprouts!" Laughter burst from my lips and I had a playful yet glaring stare shooting from Craig. It was hilarious. He had been punked -- veggie style. He played the victim masterfully, complete with pout and promises of vengance! Then he sheepishly admitted that I had played him right, that was the only way I could have gotten him to eat the infamous brussel sprouts.
"It's baby heads of lettuce," I replied. "They were on sale at Sprouts. I don't see them on sale very often, but they are so good for you." My nonchalant response was enough to convince the Craigy of the existence of baby heads of lettuce and he happily popped one into his mouth to investigate this rare delicacy. No word of complaint fell from his lips! He gladly ate them up with the rest of his dinner!
I could hardly contain my glee, but I waited until dinner was over, then I sweetly sat on his lap and said, "You were such a good boy! You ate all your brussel sprouts!" Laughter burst from my lips and I had a playful yet glaring stare shooting from Craig. It was hilarious. He had been punked -- veggie style. He played the victim masterfully, complete with pout and promises of vengance! Then he sheepishly admitted that I had played him right, that was the only way I could have gotten him to eat the infamous brussel sprouts.

Comments
I have to admit, I have never had the pleasure of trying brussels sprouts. That dinner sure did look yummy :)