So I am a stone, rough and grainy still...


Rolling River God
Little Stones are smooth
Only once the water passes through
So I am a stone
rough and grainy still
Trying to reconcile this river's chill

CHORUS:
But when I close my eyes
and feel you rushing by
I know that time brings change
and change takes time
And when the sunset comes
my prayer would be just this one
that you might pick me up
and notice that I am
just a little smoother in your hand

Sometimes raging wild
sometimes swollen high
never have I known this river dry
The deepest part of you
is where I want to stay
and feel the sharpest edges wash away

CHORUS

Amazing how a piece of music can completely express the thoughts of your heart...

Comments

Yeffinerp said…
I LOOOVE this song, Jordy, for exactly the reason you state. It expresses my feelings perfectly. Isn't it great that we are all in this process together? Having our rough edges slowly but surely smoothed away by the raging river that is this mortal life isn't easy, but the torrents are usually interspersed with periods of calm, so we can recover a bit before the next set of rapids :)

I'm glad you have discovered Mindy Gledhill's music. Even happier that I had a hand in it :) She is so uplifting.

Love you Jordy!
Anonymous said…
I know, right!?!? Life without music would just be terrible :( Love the song. I'm finally done with your lullaby CD. Don't let me forget next time I see you, which is soon, I hope! Love you~

Popular Posts