2011, please bring a piece of heaven...

Hope everyone had a happy new year! 2010, wow, what a year. I started reminiscing, and really missing, the early parts of it. It made me want to cry, ok I did cry, thinking about the days in our little home, baking in my little kitchen, decorating, dancing with Eedy, walking with her to the mailbox in her tutu, watching movies with Craig and just being, together, alone. I remember thinking that I was the happiest I had ever been, I was living in my own heaven, even though I knew I was going to lose it all, it didn't diminish my happiness there those last few months. I had my Edyn, my Craig, and nothing would change that, house or no house... though I would greatly miss it, and fondly think on all the memories made in that little, shabbily built condo. We had put so much love into what had once been a sad little place, we had made it a wonderful home.

As I thought on this, the tears streaming down my cheeks, I realized that I could not give up hope, things would get better, relationships could mend, hearts could heal, futures could be brighter. We have struggled here, we have felt the worldly pain of loss for that which does not last, we have wished to grow stronger in our trials and conquer them, rather than them conquer us. It has not been easy. It has been a rough 3 months this pregnancy, filled with sickness, pain and grief. Most times I just wanted to fade away, I felt pretty insignificant and invisible anyway. I lived for my Edyn, prayed for Craig, felt sorry for my unborn child and the emotions it must have experienced with me, and desperately clung to the love and warmth of my family and their home over the holidays. I gave prayers of thanks for my best friend and her loving, listening ear, and her overly kind gesture of letting me borrow her car while she was out of town. I gave thanks for old friends from high school who, unbeknown-st to them, gave me a reason to laugh and smile on a particularly dark night. I began to get some life back.

I do not usually write like this for a public eye, and I will spare details, but I hope, if anyone is struggling, feeling down-trodden, and maybe trapped by their trials, wondering if there will ever be a light at the end of the tunnel, I want you to know you are not alone. I realized once more, I had to pray for more faith, had to grow closer to my Savior. He has helped me to feel the love I no longer thought I deserved, helped me to feel a purpose I had lost hold of. I have gone through great personal trial before, as we all have, but these last couple months have been especially harrowing. I have been able to smile in the midst of failure and pain and have optimism for the future, but not this time. I have to rebuild, restrengthen what had been hammered and chiseled down... a new start for a new year. Then I thought of my sweet Gramma Jo, how she would hold me, say "Oh my Jordy, it will be ok." Then sing the favored song of my childhood, "Put your arms around me honey, hold me tight, cuddle up and snuggle up with all your might." And I wept more, how I miss that angel in my life, how I long to see her again. This December marked the third year...

I realized I cannot live in the past, there is no looking back. The phrase "Your future is as bright as your faith" keeps resounding in my mind, as a reminder that I need to learn how to grasp hold of that again. Through this I have wondered, "I am so weak, I have so much more than most of the world, the gospel, a family, a room that is nicer than most homes in the world, better health than most.... how can I withstand this world and the greater trials that lay ahead!? I am so weak, why am I even here.." I wish so badly to .... to get away.

But, I do know the gospel is true, I do know my Savior died for me so that I may have the chance to live with Him again, I do know, that there is a world beyond this one that cradles you in the arms of His love and peace. I do know, that with the help of my Savior, my God, I can overcome. We all can. In my mind, this I know, now I need to move it to my heart.

Here is to a new year, a new start.

Comments

loriham said…
Great Post. There is always ups and downs, but Life is Good. Happy 2011!!
Tyler
Neena said…
Oh, my most beautiful and wonderful daughter. That is why we love people so we will want to go on when things are hard. Imagine all those who love you. I do love you so much. You are so talented and wonderful. Hang in there baby. Don't look back. You have so very much, and I know you know that. Lovies
granny said…
I think when we don't feel good, everything is harder. It will get better! Know that I love you.

Would you be interested in a lunch together {my treat}?
Jen said…
Such a good post.
I too even struggle letting my hubby look at me some days because I am so down on myself.

Heres to making 2011 better :)
Anne said…
Oh Jordyn, I love the quote about the future as bright as your faith. God loves and knows you and will take care of you. Here's to a great 2011 (hopefully filled with more girls nights, I think we all need that!)
Sandi said…
Thank you thank you! I needed this. You are so wonderful Jordy and I hope you know I am always here for you. Love you tons girl! xoxo
Yeffinerp said…
Hey there, Jordy! I check your blog every once in a blue moon, and happened to read this a couple of days ago. I have been thinking about what I can do to best help and let you know that we love you guys and are here for you. From the comments, I can tell you have many many friends and family who love you! I can tell you from personal experience that everyone encounters difficult circumstances in their lives that they never thought they'd have to face. Sometimes these circumstances coincide with a period of physical or emotional weakness...like pregnancy and illness (at least that's what happens to me when I'm pregnant :). That makes it doubly hard to pull ourselves up and away from feelings of darkness and despair. I have found that service to others - no matter how small the service- is the best antidote. Writing letters of gratitude to people who have served you in any small way is a great place to start.
I know you already know these things....but I think you also need to know how much we ALL love you. I don't think it was a coincidence that the conference talk I happened to be listening to this morning was this one:
http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-divine-gift-of-gratitude?lang=eng

Follow that link and listen to it! It just makes me happy. I think you know enough about me and Dave to know that we have had some Goliath struggles of our own. I have learned that Gratitude and hard work are true miracle cures! Honestly, I am truly grateful for the struggles we had because they have shaped and refined us and we couldn't have the happiness we have now if we hadn't had those struggles. Looking back, I only wish I had been more humbe during those struggles, and prayed more earnestly, and allowed myself to be grateful for the blessings I did have that got me through. And, if I had been more service-oriented, it would have been much easier to get through those times. Hindsight is always 20/20. These lessons learned have allowed us to get through trials with so much less struggle and so much less damage now. So valuable.

I hope this helps...and, just so you know...you and Eedy are welcome to come over and hang out anytime. We would love it! Sometimes we all just need a change of scenery.

Read/Watch/Listen to that talk. Pres. Monson is always so wonderful, loving, and sincere. It is very uplifting. Love you Jordy!

Jenny
Shawn and Tasha said…
I'm so sorry it's been rough lately Jordyn! It's these rough times that make the good times even better. Shawn and I got to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday about setting goals. One of my favorite quotes was from the log of Columbus's first voyages across the Atlantic. Day after day after day he wrote: "This day we sailed on." Each day may seem long and treacherous in it's own way, but we can get through, one day at a time.

I totally second what ^Jenny^ said. Find any way to serve and forget yourself and your problems never seem as big.

You are very loved, and I hope you remember that each day you "sail on". LOVE YOU Jordyn!:)
Miss Kendra said…
So glad we were all able to get together that night!! I love being you. Call me anytime!
Miss Kendra said…
ha ha. I mean I love being with you.
Diana said…
This is such a beautiful and honest post. I love your optimism and determination to make things better. You are not alone in your feelings. (Pregnancy hormones do numbers on us poor women!) You're wonderful, don't forget it!

Popular Posts