The Fourth Watch

This quote was for me this weekend. I was so sick, and pleading for a miracle. It did not come on my timetabe, but it came. After much suffering and prayer, it came. I know God is mindful of each of us, He is beside us in all our darkest hours. His is a perfect love, and whether we understand it or not, a perfect timetable. Yes, miracles do come...

"I delight in the Lord's mercies and miracles (see "Bless Our Fast, We Pray," Hymns, no. 138). I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity. Jesus's disciples on the Sea of Galilee had to toil in rowing against a contrary wind all through the night before Jesus finally came to their aid. He did not come until the "fourth watch," meaning near dawn. Yet He did come. (See Mark 6:45-51.) My testimony is that miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch." Susan W. Tanner






Comments

Kara Jones said…
call me. what were you sick with?
Shawn and Tasha said…
I hear you Jordyn. I hope that everything is okay. Wish I was there to lend a hand. Love ya!
Diana said…
Amen! Thank you for the sweet reminder. You put it perfectly.

Popular Posts