THANKFUL

First off, my sister-in-law, Windy, inspired me to do a Thankful post ~ You'd think the season would have been my inspiration, but, sometimes I need a does of the obvious spoon fed to me. :) There is SO much to be thankful for. Here is just a sampler of my gratitude:

1. I am thankful for the amazingly talented crafty ladies in my life!

My incredibly fun and talented sister-in-law, Windy, made Edyn this beautifully girly car seat cover that I constantly get compliaments on! (Check out her incredible creations at www.lebugbaby.blogspot.com.) She also lent me her Baby Bjorn carrier and whipped out the cutest cover for that! I am always in awe at her clever craftiness! (Seriously, this girl has talent, check out her site!)

I am eternally grateful for this crafty lady, and not just because she made the cutest crib bedding ever for her little grandbaby! My Mom is a sensational seamstress (although she will deny that 'til her death), she looks at something and conjures up amazing creations like this like it's nothing. Edyn is thankful for her crib bedding too, she loves to stare at the patterns and think of her Nana. :)


2. I am thankful for sleeping angels. You think you can finally get something done, but then you find yourself just starring at them and taking their picture at a thousand different angles just to capture the moment.

3. I am most thankful of all for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that death is not the end, it is merely a stepping stone. I took Edyn to see Gramma Jo for the first time at the Mesa Cemetary. I miss her more than words can say.

I needed more than a half bottle of water to clean off her headstone. :) She loved the fall, the changing leaves (or fake ones since we live in the desert!) and the crisp cool air. I will forever be thankful for my Gramma Jo, one of brightest angels in my life. I still feel her presence from time to time. I know that, because of my Savior, I will see her again.

4. I am thankful for my ancestors. Granny and Grandpa Julian (my great-grandparents) raised their family in Mesa starting in the early 1900's. Grandpa was a WWI sargent, Granny was made of amazing pioneer stock. I am thankful for their legacy of hard-work, integrity, faith, love and devotion to God and family.


5. I am thankful for my beautiful little Edy Baby. (Any suggestions on how to spell Eeeeedeeeee without it looking like Ed-y? Seriously.) Motherhood is the most amazing adventure I've ever embarked on. I am so grateful for my little girl.

6. I am thankful for adorable pictures! Ok, I know I'm a little biased, but c'mon, that is stinkin' cute.

7. I am thankful for the most wonderful family in the world, one of which gave me the most incredible hubby in the universe.

8. I am so thankful for the blessing of the priesthood and that my Edy Baby and I can benefit from it everyday. Edyn was thankful she could wear her Auntie Haley's beautiful blessing dress!

As you know, the list could go on forever. I'll just leave off with all in all being thankful for this Thanksgiving Season! Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, and whoever you are, I am pretty sure I am thankful for you too. ;)

Comments

angela hardison said…
Jordyn, that comment you just left was so sweet (and a bit undeserved I think)! Thank you though.

Little Edyn is BEAUTIFUL, just like her mother.
S & K Merrill said…
Jordy-your are the best niece, I love you soooo much!! Edyn is just gorgeous too!! This is the first time I have seen my mom's headstone--I had no clue she had one-- and of course I am sitting here crying!! Call me!! xoxox aunt kathy I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU !!
Stephanie said…
both our babies have so much hair! isnt it fun??
perkiwindy said…
Well every princess needs a princess seat Jordy! I am glad you like it. I love making them for people I know since most of the time they go to strangers and I never see them again!
Anonymous said…
Oh!!! She is SO pretty! And so sweet and lovely...takes after her mom ;) How are you? What are you doing for Thankgiving?
Mike + Mignon said…
So...why didn't I hear about the blessing?? I know we live in the outer limits...but we STILL like to know what's going on! Great pictures...thanks for sharing! HOpe your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving - we can't wait to see everyone next month!
Love, Mignon
ME said…
Hi Jordyn! I found you from my Dad & Mignon's blog. I love what you had to say about your Grandma Jo. In fact, I was just at the cemetary yesterday to see my brothers headstone & went to visit Jo Ann's as well. She was an Aunt to me & definitely beyond amazing! I miss her as well! Your little Edyn is gorgeous - CONGRATS!!

Popular Posts