Havasupai Adventure 2009


At the top of the switchbacks, ready to take it on! Which by the way was at 7am, after driving all night, starting at 1am... what are we nuts!? Apparently, oh, and related to my Dad.
(Jordyn, Brayden, Haley, Bridger, Dad)
The Honeymooners.... (first time on a trip without the EedyBaby!) Shout out to Dave and Jenny (ie. our REI headquarters) for outfitting us and giving me the honor of breaking in Jenny's brand new incredible pack! She was well taken care of and enjoyed her scenic adventure. ;)

The bottom of the switchbacks.... piece a cake...

Hunk Hubby and Peach, packin' in the love...


Real peace and serenity... except for the occasional helicopter flying into the canyon... every 30 min. or so...
Bonus points to the sweet and thoughtful hubby... may our spirits live forever on the canyon wall... (By the way, if we could get in trouble for that, its not real...;)
The NEW waterfall that took the place of Navajo Falls, which was, my favorite. It was a jungle paradise, like walking into a new world. Not anymore, but still beautiful. (For those of you that don't keep current on your Havasupai Canyon yearly updates, eh hem, about a year ago there was a MASSIVE flash flood that changed the entire layout of the river and the falls. My dad's friend was down here when it happened and they got flown out by black hawk helicopters. Cool stuff. Seriously though, it is pretty different now, but still beautiful.)

The New higher falls in the background, the new lower falls in the foreground. And me and my Awesome Adventure Dad.

I give you, the New Lower and still un-named falls... I shall call them Craigy, no Craigy can be the bigger fall, this is Edyn Falls... until the real name is revealed... =D
Our oh-so-pretty campground. A big thanks to the earlier crew that snatched it for us. This place was packed, as it was over Labor Day weekend. Most of the trees in the campground are dead, but the stream gives some green and beauty. Not to mention the awesome red rock cliffs that surround us.
Um, really sad that I don't have pictures of us at Mooney Falls, Hunter is working on that for me, and Whitney... right guys? Haha. So we cut our trip a full day short, and my hips and collar bone were bruised from packing it in 14 whole miles the previous day... so, we loaded up the pack mule, I shall call him... Hunter. The pack mule. Ok seriously he has two fully loaded packs tethered around him and a nice little caboose of a sleeping mat for added comfort. Hunter you da man. You saved my girly rear. Shoulders, hips, you get the point.

Well heck you might as well carry me too. What an awesome Brat! (I just found out that 'brat' literally means BROTHER in Russian! (mummble it under your breath and you just sounded Russian) I knew it had to mean that in some language! HAhaha! Hunter did a good job of keeping me in the dark with that one these last two years.)
The Incredible Early Crew... that we got to spend a full.... oh, was it even 24 hours... with? HA! We cut our adventure a full day short, but still had a blast together. Props to Brad and Hunter for creating the ultimate manly sleeping quarters! (A tarp covering the picnic table.) Wish I had a pic of that one... how many did they fit under there....? The crew included WHIT the WOMAN, Brad aka. Survivor Man, Hunter the Pack Mule, Jared the Incredible and Brett the BOMB Hardison. Oh, Chase and Garrett did make a 5 min. appearance the first day before they hit the heli and road-tripped it to Disney Land to suprise Chase's awesome girly, Sara, in her 1/2 marathon. There, you were mentioned. ;)

The church is true! And is also in Havasupai Canyon! Here lies the LDS church building nestled between the awesome canyon walls. Pretty wonderful.Cool partially dead tree. I like it. So does my Dad.

And, it's time to turn around and hike home... after one night, and maybe 3-4 hours at Mooney Falls... wow.
Oh to be 9... with a walking stick, near a cornfield. And we have 14 miles to go...

Goodbye Magical and Majestic Havasupai, until next time, which by the way, will be on the back of a horse, happily enjoying the view, not minding the stink, and beating the rest of you to camp by a full four hours. :)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Wow Jordy I had no idea you did this!! You are incredible! I'm very impressed! It looks like a lot of fun! You have a fun adventurous family! Love it!
Anonymous said…
You guys are SO NUTS! 1am?!?! Uh, you'd have to drag me there kicking and screaming ;) And you were even smiling! I hear it's really hot there now too. Props...big time! You're amazing. You look so great and happy. Glad you made it in and out alive and well :)
Edyn said…
You're so awesome my peach. I am a lucky man.
Edyn said…
I must say, my wife is freaking awesome. Game for just about anything, I can wake her up at the crack of dawn to go hunting with me, hiking, and......This blog is really quite impressive, I must say. She is really talented. I truly am one lucky man to have married so high above myself.
Kara Jones said…
what the^?
Clearly Jordyn, your love language need it being met, pardon me while i NEVER look to see what Craig has to say on this blog EVER again.
Jordyn Perkins said…
What the? Kara I will give you another chance to explain yourself...
Kara Jones said…
whoa, very sorry. wasn't trying to be mean at all. I was just talking about Criag's "..."comment. That's all. sorry the sarcasm did not carry over for you.
Shawn and Tasha said…
Wowsers! What a fun trip Jordyn! Your family definitely knows how to have fun!
angela hardison said…
I've been wanting to do Havasupai for years. It looks so pretty and incredible... glad you had a nice time.

(Also, didn't know there was a church down there - crazy!)
Jen said…
So Awesome! I totally want to do this some day. Love the post:)
Lisa said…
Looks like fun!
Looks like you guys had a great time, I like the pics. It's good to see you guys are still so in love.

Popular Posts