Summer speaks to me in...

PEACHES!!!

Here's to beautiful, homegrown, delicious peaches.

I thought it would be nothing short of miraculous if I got to still be in my home to harvest my peaches.

And so, I have witnessed a miracle.

Here is a pic of the few surviving peaches before they too were delicately, delectably, --- devoured!




Here's to my inspiring brother, Chase, who awesomely completed his first triathalon!
The first of many he says.
I am so proud. :)
And so glad we could be there to see it!


Here he is before he takes the plunge into Lake Tahoe to begin the race. About a mile of swimming, 23 miles of mountain biking, and topped off with a 10k (6mi.) run to finish. It was an incredible event to witness! He had a good wipeout on the bike trail and had a flat tire and injured his foot and bruised up his back, but he powered through it all! Here's to my awesome brother, Chase! We love you!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Brooke said…
I'm so jealous! Our peach tree is just a little baby and it will be a few years before we get some yummy peaches. They look delish!
Anonymous said…
OMGosh! I LOVE peaches! They are selling them everywhere here and it's like heaven :) You being here would make it complete.
I miss you :( I'll try to send an e-mail ypour way soon. Take care and congratulate Chase for me. That's awsome he's taking on triathalons. I could never do that!
Shawn and Tasha said…
There's something about seeing your own harvest bare fruit. That's awesome.:) Oooo and boy oh boy do those peaches look scrumdiddleyumptious! mmmmm

Way to go Chase!!! All beat up and he still managed to finish. That's determination.
Go Chase!! That is awesome! Are you going to do one?
Kara Jones said…
You must've been babysitting that tree, the birds beat me to mine this year.
Kristen said…
Your peaches look so yummy. I'm glad you got another year to enjoy them. Is it too much to hope for next year?

<3

Popular Posts