A Recpit from the Sun
I am a 4th generation Arizonan. You would think enduring Arizona summers would be something programmed into my DNA, like gills on a fish, webbed feet on a duck, spit from a camel... oh wait, I sweat (which anatomically is pretty neat but c'mon!) Still, I find myself dreading the famed Phoenix heat. My only reprieve, besides the miracle of a/c, is my parent's pool. Thank goodness for that. It is now when I envy all you northwestern-ers the most... and you easterners in the fall, and... ok, lets just say Mesa is not my first choice of residence. I tend to long for the color green... and our HOA grass in our community has been a nice, brittle brown for almost a year now.
Don't get me wrong, there are some great things to say for Mesa, for example, it has some of the best people I've ever known. :) January through April are beautifully temperate and you can actually attempt to grow a nice garden. (For me its always an 'attempt'.) Love the grid system, straight streets, square blocks. But I still wish I could live among some GREEN (without massive amounts of humidity). Picky picky.
For now I should just stick to being grateful for what I have! And I am grateful for wonderful swimming pools, and large pools of family and friends.
And that I have been able to stay in my home long enough to see the peaches ripen on my peach tree!

And my wildflowers grow in the spring.
And I'm grateful that we can escape the heat of the valley and retreat to the coolness of the mountains together.
Grateful for great neighbors and friends. We (our Tiffany Square pals) threw a farewell BBQ and swim party for the Biggs who will be starting a new adventure in Mexico at medical school. We will miss them dearly!


Great group of women around me here (Angela, me, Jen, Lisa, Diana, and Sally). How lucky I am. Oh Jen how I'll miss you!
And your little Hammy Hyrum. ;) I mean, look at that pose! What a ham.
And like I said, I am grateful for the parent's pool, and great family to fill it.
Auntie Haley is the absolute cutest auntie, EedyBella would definitely agree.Don't get me wrong, there are some great things to say for Mesa, for example, it has some of the best people I've ever known. :) January through April are beautifully temperate and you can actually attempt to grow a nice garden. (For me its always an 'attempt'.) Love the grid system, straight streets, square blocks. But I still wish I could live among some GREEN (without massive amounts of humidity). Picky picky.
For now I should just stick to being grateful for what I have! And I am grateful for wonderful swimming pools, and large pools of family and friends.
And my wildflowers grow in the spring.
And like I said, I am grateful for the parent's pool, and great family to fill it.
Edyn LOVES to swim, or just splash in anything that, splashes.

Comments
And I know summers in Az suck b/c of the heat, clothes, new mom having to stay inside...however! SNOW is rotten and depressing...just the other day I thought, "wow, I really MISS the desert...huh." Strange moment, but man is Mesa the best. Hang in there! Or just come visit me ;)